For most communities that are dependent on tourism, the timeshare industry brings significant benefits. Some people may consider timeshare as a scam, while others love it. Others may be indifferent about timeshare. With such varied reactions are natural, one cannot deny the positive impact the timeshare industry has on the local community where the timeshare operates.
The effect of the timeshare industry on a community
The following benefits may surprise you as these go beyond those offered by traditional tourism forms like hotels and others. Here are some of the positive effects that timeshare offers on a community.
- Stable jobs: From sales staff to construction workers, timeshare generates several jobs for the community. The jobs are at various levels like executives, service staff, architects, and more.
- Repeat Tourism: Timeshare encourages repeat tourism in the community which results in a more stable economy. With this scenario, business providers and investors can easily predict the needs of the community in terms of services and infrastructure.
- Promotion of the Destination: The destination’s profile will increase amongst all kinds of visitors including those who are still curious about the timeshare industry. The positive feedback and promotions to friends and families raise other people’s awareness. Only when people feel that they belong can they have this kind of support.
- Tax Generation: Tax generation that extends to VAT as well as income tax on earnings is another great benefit that the timeshare offers to a destination. Those working in the industry and especially those who come into the place spend their money in the local economy. More taxes are generated and these are plowed back into the local economy. As a result, services and infrastructure improve.
- Extension of the Period of Stay: Timeshare owners usually chose to stay for longer periods of time in their chosen destinations.
- Higher Purchasing Power: Timeshare destination benefits from visitors with higher purchasing power. They spend more on local services, restaurants, and other items. The certain level of income that owners have is one of the requirements when they desire to become timeshare owners.
- No Competition Against Traditional Hotels: Hotels usually cater to visitors who do not necessarily visit more than once or twice. This means that people who return to a destination to stay at their timeshare are not the same individuals that hotels target. The two industries complement one another and not compete against each other.
- Local Community Involvement: Timeshares are not always all-inclusive. There are some who would choose an all-inclusive option but most visitors would rather spend money in local stores and dining places.
- Constant Occupancy: Timeshare helps provide a consistent level of occupancy, supporting other branches of the tourism industry like car rentals, restaurants, travel agencies, and other local trade.
There is no denying that timeshare provides a positive impact on its community.